Super soft and super absorbent, this heavyweight, double-sided microfibre terry is made of special filaments that are three times finer than silk.
Absorbs 8 times its weight in under 2 seconds and soaks up 20 times faster than other material (bamboo, cotton, hemp knits)
When cutting, use a sharp knife or scissors as the fabric can easily fray. If you prefer to pre-wash, serge all sides to prevent unravelling of threads
Number one choice worldwide for making towels, wipes, soaker pads, doublers, insert layers and many other incontinence products
Approx stretch length: Minimal
Approx stretch width: 5%
Approx shrinkage length: 1% – 2%
Approx shrinkage width: Minimal
- It is not recommended to pre-wash before sewing. If you prefer to pre-wash, serge (or sew/finish) all open edges to prevent unraveling of threads.
- Liquid detergent is preferred over powder because there is a chance that the powder will not dissolve completely and in that case the powder will be stored inside the microfibre. This risk is compounded if cold water is used. Remember, microfibres tend to hold everything, so use half the quantity of detergent you would normally use.
- Never wash with fabric softeners. The microfiber will accumulate the softeners and over a period of time, will be saturated with it, reducing its efficiency.
- Never wash the microfibre with other terry or other fabric which has lint. The microfibre will attract lint or any other fibres and dirt particles and store the particles inside the microfibre reducing its efficiency.
- Do not wash with anything sharp or with anything that has hook tape. Sharp objects can snag the loops and cause them to run. Hook tape will attach to the loops and tear the fabric.
- Never dry the microfiber in a dryer on high heat. It could actually melt the fibers with excessive heat and lock the traps. Dry on low heat and permanent press is the best setting.